The rapid change of the business environment effected by the development of IT and Internet in combination with increasing streams of data and communication qualifies the integration of dataflow, communication and software solutions with the processes an indispensable precondition to recognize risks and opportunities relevant for future competiveness.
Make Information relevant for results
Data and information have become the most important value of an organization. Detecting relevant information in the growing streams of data is essential for future existence.
Processes relevant for results instead of uncontrolled streams of data
Relevant are the processes contributing to results! Interpretation of information needs a clear understanding of the context and goals information was created for. This context and purpose of creating information needs to be analyzed to become able to link information from different sources. This is the precondition to judge the relevance of information and to use it in processes.
Smart and relevant information instead of Big Data
Information creates cost in the first place! The more information you have at hand, the more complex gets the task to match and link it and to integrate and manage the related processes.
Raise the value hidden in knowledge
Knowledge is power – only when related to goals and acts and with the means and skills to use it. Accumulation of data, information and technology is rather chaos instead of knowledge. It needs the analysis and selection of consistent and relevant information to make it suitable for the use in processes and procedures.
Setting and using standards
Relevant is a product or service when it sets a standard for information and communication. Recognizing changes of standards and reacting to them as well as setting and pushing for the acceptance of own standards will be the crucial challenge for communication and management.
Accepting the challenges
- Are you aware what information in your organization causes cost and what information contributes to achieving results?
- Do you know how the different solutions, tools and databases interact and what is their contribution to the output?
- Are you aware of changes caused by “the Internet” to the media landscape and communication standards and how to adapt your communication policies to maintain a consistent public image?
- Are you aware of the changes new technologies and social media generate for processes and functions inside your organization and for your complete industry?
- Are you aware of Innovation, not detected or realized in your organization, but maybe by your competitor?
- What sources of information are you using to detect innovation in all the industries with a possible impact on the future of your organization?